1. W.Bro.Rt Hon William Court Gully was a founder member of the Lodge. He was a QC and a keen politician, becoming MP for Carlisle before being appointed Speaker of the House of Commons in 1895, a post he held for 10 years, until his was elevated to the Lords as Viscount Selby. W.Bro Gully moved to Seaford in the 1880’s and resided at Sutton Place, now Newlands School.
2. W.Bro Dr. Charles Berkeley Gervis was the Worshipful Master of Seaford Lodge in 1906. Also a Founder member, W.Bro Gervis was a GP in the town serving his patients for many years from his practice in Hurdis Road, which he shared with Dr William Pringle, also a Seaford Freemason and the Master in 1905.
He was Secretary of the Union Club as well as a magistrate. He served on Seaford District council for 15 years becoming Chairman on three separate occasions.
3. W.Bro Col. Jack Foster was Seaford Lodge’s 36th Worshipful Master, a local architect who served with distinction in WW2, rising to the rank of Colonel with the Royal Engineers, being awarded the D.S.O and O.B.E. He was the Colonel Commandant for the Sussex army cadet force and the Queens Deputy Lieutenant for Sussex. Colonel Foster was also involved with HMS Forward, the wartime secret intelligence HQ situated in tunnels beneath South Heighton.
4. W.Bro Major Len Howard became Worshipful Master of Seaford Lodge in 1956. He subsequently become Provincial Grand Director of Ceremonies and in 1984 became Assistant Provincial Grand Master.
5. Sir Leonard Barford was initiated into Seaford Lodge in 1951 by his brother, W.Bro Stanley Barford. He became Worshipful Master in 1960 and enjoyed an extremely successful 40 year Masonic career culminating in becoming Provincial Grand Master 1977. A position he held until 1990.
He had a distinguished career in the civil service being Knighted in the Queens New Years honours list of 1967 when Chief Inspector of taxes. He was also the Queens tax advisor.
6. W.Bro Major John Heritage TD was the Master of Seaford Lodge in 1972 and thereafter the Director of Ceremonies, an office he held for 12 years. He was the Deputy Head of Seaford Head school and taught a number of the future Lodge members. W.Bro John was well know for his staunch and rather strict teachings from the ritual and most especially the ‘Seaford Workings’